Training and Post Opportunities
Project Director and Deputy for Emergency Operations Centre (EOC)
The Crisis Management Unit ( CMU) at the Ministry of Health (MoH) in Jordan and in collaboration with the American Centre of Diseases Control ( CDC) are seeking to train (2) MoH personnel for (12) months to serve as project director and deputy to implement emergency management activities at the Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) at the (CMU) / MoH by consolidating partnership with local and international partners through conducting training, workshops, plan development, consultations, coordination, drills and exercises .
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Develop , implement , monitor and facilitate the execution of ( EOC ) in - country program activities.
- Organise local and regional emergency management training in Amman.
- Provide technical guidance in emergency management to ( MoH ) and other in - country and regional partners.
- Coordinate the (EOC) response to public health emergencies as directed by the ( CMU ) and (MoH ) leadership.
- Coordinate and lead training, workshops, drills and exercises for (EOC) staff, collaborators in the governorates and other partners.
- Build up (MoH ) capacity to ensure sustainability of short-term and long –range emergency management activities.
- Provide regular updates of activities to (CMU) leadership and CDC International Emergency Preparedness Team (IEPT).
- Provide recommendations to (CMU) and ( CDC IEPT) for improvement of (EOC ) project.
- Two-years commitment to position after training.
- Good Command of professional English ( speaking-writing ).
- Good understanding of in-country emergency management entities and MoH responsibilities in public health emergencies.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
- Future vision.
- Leadership skills.
- Willingness to travel to Atlanta twice a year for 1½ month training each.
- Candidates interested in the above positions are requested to complete the attached form and send it with their C.Vs on the following fax (065057921) .
- Applications should be submitted within a week as of date of publication on this website.